Friday 19 August 2011

So much for waiting two weeks before plastering

It's amazing how quickly the house dries out once the roof is on but we'll just have to wait and see how the plaster holds up to see if it really was left long enough...

Anyway, they've started rendering which is making a huge difference in the size of the rooms (to my perception, at least). Here's Peter in the boys' lounge (otherwise known as the games room) checking that all the power/data points are in the correct places:and one looking down the second hallway towards the boys' rooms with my fantabulous soon-to-be linen cupboard on the left:
and one of Andrew's room with his You-must-buy-me-more-clothes-immediately-to-fill-this-robe on the right:With the rendering started, it won't be long until the plastering starts. Hopefully then the boys will be able to see that their rooms aren't shoeboxes and are actually a decent size. I think they're hoping that part happens soon 'cos they're sick of hearing "When I was your age, I had to share a room with your aunty and boy, was she messy!"

No comments:

Post a Comment